- Fuel Prices
- Fixed Base Operator (FBO)
The Malden Regional Airport’s FBO is First Flight, who can be reached by calling 573-776-4406 or by email at email@example.com. Aviation Fuel (100LL) is available 24-hours-a-day as self-serve from an automated credit card pumping station (FuelMaster). Jet fuel is available with full service from the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) First Flight by making advance arrangements with a call to 573-776-4406. First Flight also offers charts, hangaring, and a courtesy car.
- Check NOTAMS.
Please operate safely. Announce your position to other aircraft. THANKS!
Ground Communications Outlet (GCO) added in January 2012 on frequency 135.075 for Pilots to connect on the ground by radio with Memphis Center (4 clicks) or with FSS Wx Brief (6 clicks).
- General Aviation Maintenance
TC Gromer, who is an A&P Mechanic with IA certification, at Tango Charlie Aviation can take care of your general aviation mechanical needs. TC can be reached by calling 573-217-9438 or 573-281-2227.
- Flight Instruction & Aircraft Rental
Flight Instruction and Aircraft Rental are available through EAGLE VISTAS, who can be contacted by calling 772-285-5506. Eagle Vistas offers training for single-engine Private Pilot, Commercial and Instrument training, along with Tailwheel Proficiency training. Eagle Vistas Specializes in Agricultural Aviation (Crop Duster) instruction. www.eaglevistas.com An FAA approved Flight Simulator is available for Initial and Re-Current Flight training. Eagle Vistas Midwest Branch is located at MAW Malden Regional Airport in the hangar at 3099 Mitchell Drive, Malden, MO 63863. For Simulator Training contact Rick Mccord at 573-576-0410.
- Civil Air Patrol
The Malden Regional Airport is home to the Bootheel Composite Squadron MO-151 of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) as formed in 2006. Nationally the CAP handles 90 percent of inland search and rescue missions, with approximately 75 lives saved each year. Members are generally the first on the scene transmitting satellite digital images of the damage within seconds around the world and providing disaster relief and emergency services following natural and manmade disasters. For more information and to find out how to join the CAP, Lt Tony Wood can be contacted at 573-217-9110 or visit the CAP website at www.mo-cap151.com.
- Aviation Projects
The Malden Regional Airport is listed in the National Plan of Integrated Airport System (NPIAS), which identifies airports that are significant to national transportation, and eligible for various Federal and State Grants.
The below shows a brief history of past projects:
- 2001 - Seal coat Runway 14/32 and overlay of Taxiways T-1 and T-2
- 2002 - MoDOT Aviation installed an Automated Weather Observation System (AWOS) 119.825
- 2002 - Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan (ALP)
- 2005 - Airfield Directional Signage
- 2005 - Paving project for partial Apron and Taxiway T-8
- 2005 - New 100LL Aviation Fuel Farm and Fuelmaster Credit Card System
- 2008 - New edge lighting, REILs, and PAPIs on Runway 14/32
- 2009 - Lateral Precision with Vertical Guidance (LPV) Approaches for both runways
- 2011 - Upgraded 100LL to a 10,000 gallon storage tank
- 2012 - Completed Crack Fill/Sealcoat/Paint Project on Runway 18/36 and Crack Fill on Runway 14/32
- 2012 - Ground Communications Outlet (GCO) added on frequency 135.075 for Pilots to connect on the ground by radio with Memphis Center (4 clicks) or with FSS Wx Brief (6 clicks)
- 2014 - Asphalt overlay of partial Apron & certain Taxiways. Taxiway & Apron reflector poles replaced with MoDOT-supplied materials.
- 2016 - New beacon light on tilt-down tower and RY 14/32 counterpoise wire
Some future projects may include the following:
- Paving project for Runway 14/32
- Seal coat Taxiways and Apron
- Rehab Runway 18/36 and construct parallel Taxiway
- New hangar
- Update Airport Layout Plan (ALP) and Exhibit “A”
- Upgrade Fueling Systems & install Apron Fencing
- Replace 18/36 Lights and install REILs & PAPIs
- Extend Runway 18/36
- Overlay/mark Runway 4/22 3,200’x75’