The public school system is a 3A designated school for athletics (2A for football). The mascot is the Green Wave, and its last state championship was 2007, when the school won its second consecutive Boys Track Championship.
Malden RI School District 573-276-5794
Three Rivers Community College 573-276-3529
SEMO University - Malden Campus 573-276-4577
Malden is the home of the Bootheel Youth Museum. This is a hands-on, activity-based museum. It has grown over the past few years and has passed the 100,000 visitor mark. It is a resource for the school and also the school districts around the area. The latest additions are the Lewis and Clark exhibit and the Nano Science Exhibit.
Other attractions in the City of Malden include:
- Narvel Felts, singer - "Reconsider Me" and "Funny How Time Slips Away"
- Derland Moore, professional football player and member of the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame
- Hub Pruett, major league baseball player
- Gary Blaylock, major league pitcher, and pitching coach of the 1985 World Series Champion Kansas City Royals
- Henry Rogers, Mid south Wrestling Promoter (1963 through1987)
- Samantha Green, 2008-2009 Missouri State and National Senior Beta Club President